1. Last week in class, the woman who sits across from me made a comment about me being a “walking textbook.” It’s so untrue (I wish!) but it was sweet of her and also a helpful confidence booster because I have been really struggling with self-esteem lately.
2. I went to the library on Friday and it is just my favorite escape. It’s beautiful and open and airy and full of so many books. (Every time I walk through any of the aisles, just looking for a cozy chair in a nook or corner, I always pass by multiple books that I pick up and then want to read. My “to read” list is getting so long.) But I’m so glad I started going there over the summer; it’s become such a safe, quiet space for me to just check out of the real world for a bit.
3. When I went to get blood tests last week, I had to go to a different lab than usual because my regular lab isn’t open on Saturdays. After I got my blood drawn, I saw the woman who often draws my blood at the other lab because she happened to be dropping off some equipment, and she was so funny and happy to see me and gave me a hug. :)
4. I’m so thankful and so relieved that I finally went to a psychiatrist and I’m really hopeful that this is going to be a true turning point for me in terms of mood stability. I feel like I am in very capable hands - my psychiatrist is so intelligent and has been a top doctor in the field for over a decade.
5. My best friend just asked me to pick out some new shoes for her online because she said I have the best style. Hehe. I didn’t know she thought that actually so I’m completely flattered!